This M.2 SFF-8643 converter turns the connector for a M.2 PCIe SSD into a 36-pin SFF-8643 connector. This allows connecting the high performance 2.5″ NVMe U.2 (SFF-8639) SSD to system via a SFF-8643 cable. It is a simple and economical solution for system that already has the M.2 PCIe SSD sockets on board or on one of Addonics M.2 PCIe SSD adapter.
• Convert M.2 PCIe SSD connection to SFF-8643 connection
• Connect 2.5″ NVMe U.2 (SFF-8639) SSD to M.2 connector via SFF-8643 cable
• No drivers required for this converter
• M.2 SSD connector
• SFF -8643 connector
• Operating temperature /relative humidity: – 40 °C – 80 °C /5-95% RH (non-condensing)
• Storage temperature / Relative humidity: – 40°C – 85°C /0 – 90% RH (non-condensing)
• RoHS compliant
Operating System Support
• Windows 7/8/8.1/10 64 bit
• UEFI 2.3.1 or later
* M.2 PCIe SSD and M.2 SATA SSD use the same type of connectors. The adaptor is designed to work on only on M.2 connectors that are designed for M.2 PCIe SSD
Note: NVMe SSD installation:
1. BIOS in some older system may not support NVMe Express. System with UEFI BIOS may be required. Please verify with your system manufacturer to confirm the support of NVMe Express in the PCIe slot.
2. Software driver is required for installing 2.5″ NVMe U.2 SSD. You may contact the SSD manufacturer web site to download the necessary driver for your OS